Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Drinking my morning coffee

As I am sitting here drinking my morning coffee, waiting for the sun to come up, I've been thinking on a lot of things lately and can't really decide which to talk about. I still think our president isn't up to the task of running our country. His decision, finally, to help with Lybia was long overdue. Like three weeks overdue! I have been dealing with my Fathers finances of late and am just overwhelmed with the fact he has to have this kind of insurance and then that kind of insurance. I wondering if we're not getting insured to death. Insurance for your health, drugs, home, auto, etc.......Then, there's the bills for water, gas and electric. Ugh! This doesn't include the nursing home bill and doctors bills. I have got a 45 minute drive to work one way. I pay $3.59/gal. of gas currently. My car gets 25 miles/gal. Not bad for an eleven year old car that has 213 plus thousand miles on it.Tune ups and oil changes do make a difference when done on a routine basis. The company I work for is a Japanese based company. I hope that we do not have much down time due to their ongoing disaster issue. I work nights and have been missing Wednesday night services at our church and a lot of the times don't make it to Sunday morning service, as well. I am spiritually drained. At some point, I need to clean house, which my wonderful husband and boys have been graciously trying to help with, since I took this job. My chicken's coop needs mending. We still need fire wood for heat. It's still in the 40's here. I could list a bunch more, but really don't want to. I know in my heart that I have a Savior who I can lean on and who will pull me through. I can put my burdens on Him and he will carry them. My faith is my rock and that rock is Jesus. I certainly miss my brothers and sisters in Christ, but know they are saying prayers for me. I am lucky in respects that both my sons are baptized believers and do their part in upholding the faith. I am very proud of them both. Their service to the church is well received. I am blessed by the Lord in that they are strong. This gives me strength in turn to keep up the fight. And hopefully be heading to Sunday morning church services on a more regular basis. I must say, the more I think on it the more all the issues and stress of today seem to flow away when I have my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment